His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Monday 2 October 2017

He eats a lot & getting ready to turn 20!

HI MOM!
This week we've really been eating a lot of things as you can probably see in the pics. Got the waffle iron working just great and president treated us to some burgers! We've been working a lot better in our own area this transfer honestly. This week we got an investigator named Y to church for the first time. She's the Bishop's next door neighbour who is like best friend of his wife. We've been teaching her since before I got to the area, but we just never realised that there were awesome members right beside of her that could help her progress. They had an FHE (family home evening) with her, invited her to watch conference in the church and at their house, and offered their home for all the lessons. She's excited to be baptised and was sad that she couldn't take the sacrament this week. 
We have also kept visiting the S fam (daughter getting ready for mish, mom less active, and lil bro nonmember). Mom told us she honestly didn't get baptised for the right reasons years ago, but now wants to be taught as if it was from the beginning. Very spiritual lessons there with big sis sharing her testimony. We showed them the talk from Elder Holland after conference because it talks about hope. We aren't perfect and never will be in this life, but that we can do a lot more than we think sometimes. You should all rewatch that talk!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2017/10/media/session_1_talk_11/5594207155001?lang=eng

Also the talk from President Eyring in the priesthood sesh. Pretty sad how President Monson couldn't go, but I felt the spirit really strong with all the other shoutouts from the other church leaders. Also Elder Pino who said the prayer in one sesh was here a few months ago and I met him! I'm famous!

I love the mish mom, and I am learning a ton. Keep working hard and playing hard. 
Love 
Elder Lethaby


Questions Answered:

What were some of the biggest challenges to overcome when arriving on your mission?
I think the hardest thing when I got to the mission was having really high hopes and expectations, but not that great at teaching or Spanish skills. I would get frustrated a lot.

Biggest adjustments you had to make?
Be more humble and work for the right reasons, not so that everyone would see me being a good missionary. I had to do that because if you are working to have high numbers and you don't get it you feel worthless, but if you're working because you love the people you will still feel sad sometimes, but you still know you're doing what you should be and that the Lord is happy with you. 

What is one of the most encouraging thing someone has done for you while a missionary?
I think the fact that my trainer spoke pretty much perfect English but didn't let me see how good his English was so that I would be forced to learn faster. It would have been way easier for him to just speak English all the time. Also when I was with Elder N he taught me a ton about what I was talking about above (being humble), and was super patient with me as I tried to change it. I have had some really awesome companions. 

What are your plans for your birthday?!
Try to convince president to take us out for dinner, light up the Canadian sparklers you sent, and call the whole mission to tell them about their transfers. :)

:)

Waffles


Burgers with President Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment