His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Sunday 7 January 2018

PJ lady update and transferred to a haunted house?!

Hi mom!
I am now going to be working in the Tlaxcallan ward which goes to the same building as Totolac on Sundays aka I can see my converts and friends from that ward every week! Also I seem to be getting so lucky because we just switched to 12:00 church, and when I was there last year it was also 12:00 church. I am training Elder V from Peru. He is a 26 year old convert and his middle name is MacGyver, literally. I guess his dad really like that show so he named him after him hahha. Should be fun. 
Our ward is in the center of Tlaxcala, where that big bull ring that I sent pictures of a while ago is located. I am also the district leader and opening an area which is a pretty hard combo of things to do, but I will learn a lot. 
Last week we had the best week of the whole time I was in Hueyotlipan, we were able to leave the area with 7 baptismal dates and 5 of them went to church! Isabel is going to get baptised this week, and I have a district leaders meeting in Puebla that day I might try to get permission to go! She is so excited! I can honestly feel like I left that area better than I found it. That's the goal. I didn't get to baptise much there, but knowing that now they will brings the same feeling :)
So so so glad to hear about the Taggs :) 
My son (what missionaries call someone they are training) is currently contacting the guy in the Internet shop on his own while I write home on his second day in the mission, so I'm not worried about him hahaha. We live in the biggest house in the mission (it's actually 3 houses that we can use) that they let us live in for free because it's haunted but so far I don't feel like it's haunted. It's like super "fresa" (nice/modern/new). The elders that were here before us baptised 3 people on Saturday and there are 5 more members of that fam that we want to baptism but we haven't met them yet. The bishop is cool and so is the ward mission leader. 

Should be a great few months here.

Happy new year!
Elder Lethaby


Questions Answered:

Any resolutions?
Baptise a lot of people and finish strong! I honestly hadn't thought of it much, but this last stretch of the mission will determine how my whole life goes, so I guess just be better than yesterday.

Did you ever notice that the big pack of Tic-tacs had little Canadian flags on them?Don't think I got a pack of tic tacs with flags :(

What did you do the rest of Christmas day? Dinner?
We made waffles, hung out in the offices and then did office work at night haha the mission doesn't rest!

Does the ward invite you out for dinners/lunches even if you’re office elders?
Ya! We try to avoid the offices if we can, so they still feed us. 

Where is Elder S going to go? And you?
Elder S is training two new APs Elder B and Elder B, both really good guys. I am here training, opening area, and being a district leader in Tlaxcallan.

Reyes magos coming up. Watch and learn and let us know what it is all about!
Will do.

Serve your companion…be kind and helpful. Be a bit more observant and watch for those little things that you can help with.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment