THE TIME HAS COME! MEXICO 2K17 YEEEE
This week was kinda cool cuz Elder Pino, a seventy, came to visit the mission. He spoke to 3 zones on Thursday, 3 zones on Friday, and the leadership council on Saturday. He said he was talking to President Monson and the 12 on Wednesday and asked what we need to change in Mexico to start baptising more. He said the only answer was "work with the members". President Hinkley said many years ago that if we do that, we can double the baptisms every year in the church. Right now the mission is baptising about half or a little more of the monthly goal of 100 baptisms every month, so we talked on Saturday about what we are gonna change to reach that goal. This week we have a meeting with our bishop to talk about a ward mission plan. We are going to try to have a FHE (family home evening) EVERY night with members and investigators, and when our plans fall through we are going to go visit ALL the members. President Monson got the Canadian mission to baptise 5 times more every year in just 3 years through this process.
- Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
- And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
- And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
- But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
- Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
- And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
- Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
- And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
- Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
- Then the devil leaveth him, and now Jesus knew that John was cast into prison, and he sent angels, and, behold, they came and ministered unto him (John)
This week was awesome, lots of people went to church again and I feel like the members trust us a lot. That's another thing that Elder Pino talked about, when we walk into a house, the members should feel like Captain Moroni is in their living room, we have to get to that point where the members and investigators just feel such a strong, spiritual presence when we are there.
What else to say, but we are doing great and teaching really good families!
Love you all lots, lovin the mission,