His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Monday 23 July 2018

SIN SACRIFICIO NO HAY VICTORIA

MOM! It's my last week! 
This week I put in practice the phrase above. I believe it comes from a Transformers movie that was playing on the bus that some elders in our zone took. "Without sacrifice, there is no victory." I think it would be translated kinda like that. Even though it is from a transformers movie, that's a big gospel truth! 
We put it in practice this week and decided to wake up early enough to do all of our studies before leaving the house even on the days where we had meetings and interviews and exchanges (most days). That meant waking up as early as 4:30 some days but I have felt the need to give it all in these last few weeks like a runner at the end of the race! We saw miracles! This week we found more new people to teach that I have in like 6 months! One of the new people we found, JL, accepted to be baptised, came to church, and even gave us ties! I know that the Lord blesses us when we sacrifice. Like you said in your email, promptings of the spirit are never convenient to follow but they are always going to help us! Honestly I felt the spirit a lot this week. 
I had an interview this week with our new mission president, Presidente Barron, which was a very weird interview because he mostly just asked me for advice hahaha. I also learned a lot from that. He's my leader, but he is humble enough to ask me for advice and recognise my strengths and my experience in the mission. He is starting to make some changes in the mission that I really feel are inspired. 

I guess the rest of what's happened recently I will save for next week when I see you all! But I just want to finish with my testimony since it will be my last email home as a missionary.
I know that this is the true and restored gospel and church of Jesus Christ. When we truly show faith, when we do everything we possibly can to repent and be changed by the atonement, when we come to the waters of baptism with the intention of never turning back, and we live all of the other principles and ordinances of the gospel, our lives will be changed here, and our lives will be changed in eternity. My mission has been a very simple one, I have not learned all of the deep doctrine, I have not learned where all the scripture are in the bible that I can use to "defend " myself against other religions, but I have learned these, the most important principles that there are and I have a strong testimony of them. The doctrine that really saves. Jesus Christ lives and loves us! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

See you on Tuesday,
Love Elder Lethaby


QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Favourite thing about being a missionary?
Favourite thing in the narrie life would have to be seeing real conversion. When you see someone completely change their life and give up everything to follow Christ. There have been few experiences where that's happened, like where I know with no doubt that they will serve in the church until the day they die, but those experiences have made it all worth it.

How do you deal with stress?
I think I have gotten a lot better about dealing with stress in the mission, not really sure if I changed anything but I guess it would just be putting on a smile and accepting things how they are.

#1 Thing you learned as a missionary 1) for your self 2) for those you teach?
1) That if I don't humble myself, or if I give excuses, I will not be happy and I will not grow. 2) If they aren't willing to make sacrifices, their lives can't change. 

How do you keep yourself in the mindset where you're ready to learn and ready to feel the spirit?
Sometimes I feel frustrated with other missionaries or other people which I think is the thing that stops me from feeling it personally. When that happens I try to think about myself and what I could do better instead of trying to blame others. That's something President Nelson taught me a lot. 

Last minute feelings?
I feel really good honestly, excited about the area, about my future, about the changes I've seen in my mission. I thought I would get more sentimental but honestly I'm just feeling ready to keep going with life and take on what comes next and go strengthen the church wherever life takes me :)

Any TIPS?
TIPS! If you're preparing for a mission you will need to get really good at repenting, also if you aren't preparing for a mission you should do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment