His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Monday 26 March 2018

Happy Birthday Mom!

Hi mom! Happy Birthday! I was doing a baptismal interview the other day and when I wrote down the date I realised your birthday was in 2 days and I got hyped! 

This week was good but kinda hard cuz Satan is working hard out here. We had 3 baptisms lined up for the next 2 weeks and on Sunday family members arrived with 2 of them on Sunday morning, so they couldn't come to church, and the other lil guy´s (Y) grandma who's a member and takes him to church, went out of town. Not much we can do but keep working hard. It's very true what you said about remembering always that it's by the spirit, and not by us. Every baptism is a miracle. This stake is very active, which sometimes leads to be competitive, and then the work sometimes loses the spirituality. It's awesome that the stake is so active and excited though. We have seen a huge change in this stake in the last few months. 
This week K (our recent convert) got called as the YSA leader in the ward. She is so active and I honestly think she will serve a mission. She has read the whole BOM! Her parents who have been very, very against this choice, have even started asking her about the Book of Mormon! So happy for her :)
M who was baptised last week is also going to the activities and even signed up to teach a cooking class in the relief society activity this week!
I don't remember if I told you last week but we started teach the brother (I) of a recent convert with his 3 sons last week. They couldn't make it to church on Sunday, but they are also super excited to be baptised. He even attended a baptism this week with his son. Such a good, sincere, man, that wants nothing more than a better life for his kids than he has had, and he's looking in the right place.
This week I also had a very proud father moment hahaha. My companion has progressed SO MUCH! The first few weeks were very, very hard on me and I think even harder on him. It has been so hard for him to understand the mission life. But every day his prayers are so sincere and the Lord answers them. The ability to speak with elegance, or smooth talk people is not the way of the Lord. He has been such an example of that to me, and the Lord has blessed him for it. It's like in Ether 12, WEAK THINGS BECOME STRONG! I honestly feel like he could probably be a senior companion when he finishes his training in 2 weeks and when he arrived I was worried about whether or not he could make it through his training. Such a miracle. 

Happy birthday mom :) Love you so much and next year I will be there to eat some Chinese food with you guys! And next Christmas, and next time it's dads birthday and most other holidays hahaha. 

Have a great week and enjoy the pics. 

Elder Lethaby

Questions Answered:
Any more issues with bed bugs...or is that ongoing and just a Mexico thing?
In this area, still nothing. I have had them in 3 of 5 areas. 

Is the Zika virus a thing there (from mosquitos)?
They say it is, but there are very few mosquitos right now (and in general), so I am not worried about it. 

Tell me about a great place you’d take me for dinner for my birthday in your mission! Could even be a members house and we’ll be sure to visit them when we come visit your mission!!
We tried a new taco place that just opened up last week right by the church called "Los Cuñaos" (the brother-in-laws") where they make tacos of carne asada with guacamole, 6 different kinds of salsa, roasted onions, etc... pretty cheap, very urban/rusticy design, and very good food.


The "Tlaxcala Norte" zone (bautizona)


A lil trt 


 Our hotel house (nicest in the mission!)

No comments:

Post a Comment