His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Monday 26 March 2018

You Should Watch the Movie Coco

Ya I forgot to tell you last week, but we got to watch the movie Coco with the purpose of getting more into family history so we will be getting on that soon.

K has gone to the temple already I think too! We gave G and N a picture of the temple too so that they could have that goal. This week went much better in the sacrament meeting. We had 8 investigators attend, 6 of whom went for the first time, and the other 2 who will be baptised in the next 2 weeks! Lots of people who we were starting to lose hope in arrived on their own and even brought friends with them! That's the biggest attribute I learned this week... hope. On Sunday morning the grandma of our investigator who will be baptised this week called and said she would be out of town, another family who was going to pass by for other investigators cancelled because they were in the hospital, and I was really losing hope that they would arrive, but my companion decided to pray and said such a long, sincere, loving prayer and I know it was answered. If he hadn't been with me, we would not have had success. That gives me hope this week as we finish his training, that even though there are still many things he needs to learn, he has a lot of strengths that few missionaries have. One of the most consecrated in the mission. I have never seen such a big change in a missionary in such little time, and I can honestly say, even though I still get frustrated with him at times, that I love him a lot.

That's awesome to hear about President Miller (going to be a mission president in Brazil) he's going to kill it! Sounds like all is well back home. 

Sorry it was kinda short this week, but that's all I got. 

Love you lots!
Elder Lethaby


Questions answered:

Have you gone to see the murals of the Government Palace in Tlaxcala? It’s in Zocalo, Tlaxcala. Looks really cool.
No , haven't heard of that place honeslty hahah but Il'l look into it

Have you walked through the historic area of Tlaxcala? It’s on my list!
I think that's like our whole area, its like being in a museum all day every day. 

Who are you teaching this week? What will you be teaching them?
We will be teaching a ton of people haha, the main ones are Y, I, and L right now. With Y we will teach about Law and Ordinances of the gospel (L5), with I we will teach the law of chastity hehe (he's got a very serious GF but wants to get baptised soon), and with L we will teach the plan of salvation, and the Sabbath day, because she's sick and has a hard life but finally came to church this week and so we can make some real progress now. 

What did you study this week? What did you learn?
I read a talk that I have read many times in my mission called "The fourth missionary" that talks about charity and real intent and stuff, and I learned that if I don't work with real intent in the mission I will go home unchanged. 

Will you get to talk with K's parents?
I kinda doubt it because its probable that this is my last week here :( and we actually asked her about that yesterday and she said they still aren't quite ready. But one day not too far away we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment