His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Wednesday 8 February 2017

"Son, plant the seed and I will follow you." ~a non-member dad

This week I was thinking a lot about service. In our testimony meeting this week almost every member who shared their testimony said "Se que estamos en la iglesia verdadera." or "I know we are in the true church." But it got me thinking a lot. Are we just physically in the true church on Sundays? Or are we actually an active part of it, helping us grow? I feel like there are a lot of people who go to church if they have time to take the sacrement, hear a few talks and then leave. I am convinced that even if you have all the saving ordinances and you go to the true church, that will not do you any good at the end if you haven´t developed the attitude of service. There are people who serve in the church, and people who get served, but in our gospel principles class this week I felt the need to explain this as we talked about the millennium. The work we are doing right now is preparing the way for the second coming, for a time when we will live in a state of Zion, but for me Zion means every single member is living their baptismal covenants and serving with all they have. I know that this is the true source of happiness, the attitude of service. Like Scott said in his letter, there are not many times when we have the authority and responsibility to be this bold. We teach people straight up that they have made a promise with God and they aren't keeping it. The baptismal covenant. I challenge everyone to think about what they are honestly sacrificing for the church; are you in the true church or are you a part of it? 

Anyway we had an awesome super stressful week. R got baptized! He is so powerful in his testimony even when he just says things like "I feel better now, I feel peace." His mom called us 4 times this week to give us other reasons why he couldn't be baptized and every time we dropped what we were doing and ran to their house to explain things to her and help her feel the spirit. It's hard because she has issues and really just loves her son a lot and in a way feels like she's losing him. His mom ended up signing his baptismal cedula (not sure what its called in english) and she was at his baptism. 
He is a priesthood holder now and he will magnify it, I am sure. I was stressed a lot that something would happen to stop this baptism. Satan was fighting so hard, but we prayed nonstop this week for him, and we had a really powerful lesson with his dad there for the second time and his dad got really emotional about how much he loves his kids and all he has sacrificed for them. I felt so good promising him as a representative of Jesus Christ that all that he has done for his son is about to be paid back 100 times over through the blessings Raul will bring his family. His dad said "Son, plant the seed and I will follow you."

This week was incredible, I know this family will be an eternal family.
Elder Lethaby


Questions answered:

How is your camera holding up?
Good, I'm gonna send pics hold up

Do you ever explore on P-days? Visit old churches? Iglesia del pueblo de San Andres Hueyacatitla if you like the colour red!
No but san andreas is in my area :) we should probably get over there but we don't have members or investigators

Can you see the volcano from where you are?
yes

What’s the weather like right now?
nice, 20ish everyday and no rain and in the morning and night like 10 degrees

Spiritual thought to share with your fans?
stay tuned for the big email

Are there indigenous peoples in your area? Shane said there were mountain people in his mission that only came down from the mountains - but rarely.
Honestly not too sure, probably but I haven't heard much about that

Favourite study this week? What did you learn?
Studying the 6 letters I got :) Mmmm but also lots of PMG (Preach My Gospel), page 8 is the assignment for my district meeting this week if you wanna read it. (Help people qualify for baptism and confirmation by teaching them true doctrine and inviting them to repent and change their lives through making and keeping commitments that build their faith in Jesus Christ. These commitments prepare people to make and keep sacred covenants.)





No comments:

Post a Comment