His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Sunday 26 February 2017

All 4 Lethaby's were Over the Wall This week!

February 13, 2017

HEEYY ESO NO ES ESPAÑOL! (Just because we were in Mexico at the same time does not mean we can speak the language!)
No te preocupes  :P
We had stake conference this week too! A member of the 70 came and he came and greeted J and M and gave them a shoutout from the pulpit. J moved out and still asks us every day when he can get baptized and now - I think it can be soon! In conference one thing that stuck out-  we should be adapting our lives to the  gospel, not the gospel to our lives. It is not "a priority", it is "THE priority". The  patriach in our ward is an example of this way of living the law of consecration. R was a reference from him, and this week he brought a friend who he met this week to conference, and told us his friend had already read the folleto (not even sure where he got it) and that he really liked the conference. We're gonna start teaching him tomorrow! I also found out about 80% of the ward is references from him (the Patriarch). So what does he do? He makes and sells brick for a living, and invited EVERY client to church. Almost all don't accept, but because he is consistant, the Teotlaltzingo ward exists.

Every one of us that has been baptized or gone through the temple has made a promise with God to live like that, so why don't we do it?! I learned this week who I want to be after the mission. Our ward (Tuscany) is so strong from the inside but isn't growing fast because we don't live like that. 
So awesome how Ben got home! Great guy.
Enjoy your time here in my country! It's super catholic! 

I'm gonna have 6 months this week. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I can't.

Love you, so does God, 
Elder Lethaby


February 20, 2017

Here we are in San Juan Totolac my new area with my new comp Elder N!
This week on Wednesday we had splits with the zone leader and I was working in their area with Elder N and then on Saturday President called me and said "Elder Lethaby, on Monday you're gonna have emergency changes and go be a zone leader with Elder N". So here I am, Elder S is now with his other dad to finish his training for 3 more weeks. I guess one of the other zone leaders got sick or something so the comp of Elder N got transferred with him and I got called as zone leader. Pretty crazy and I am gonna learn really, really fast (I hope). As a zone leader we call all of the district leaders to make sure they're on top of things, we have intercambios with the district leaders and we are basically the example for 20 missionaries. This Thursday in the zone conference we will give training and I will conduct the conference. On Wednesday we have intercambios (exchanges) with one of the district leaders who has like 20 months in the mission and was zone leader for 6 months already and his American son who doesn't speak Spanish, 2 extremes, both will be interesting. I'm very excited and nervous and hyped because we are gonna be working really hard here. It's one of the best areas in the mission. The members help a ton, we meet in the stake centre, the area is known for its bread and hills, and this area baptises a ton. Elder N is like 6 foot 4 and from Honduras and is a very, very good missionary. When I was a district leader he called me every night to check how my district was doing so I already know him pretty well and we get along well. Everyone thinks we are both American. Elder S is now with Elder C who got here with me and is also very good. Overall super hyped. I was pretty ready for a change - haha. Still don't know what's happening in this area cuz I just got here but I have heard good things. 

Will be trusting a lot in Heavenly Father to help me fulfil this responsibility because it's a big one, but I know he won't give me something I can't handle :)

Love you
Elder Lethaby





Questions Answered:

Favourite scripture this week?
Mosiah 18, read it and think about what our family ward and church should be like.

Forgot to tell you in other email-Elder Stones is also a district leader and finding it a lot of work. You have something in common! Do you stay in touch?
Ya I saw him at  our district leader training meeting this week, he is hyped! Great great guy, so humble. Elder Allen is too, and he's training an American.

Has anyone hurt you while on your mission? Physically or emotionally? How did you handle it?
Mmm not much honestly, one sister was pretty sarcastic with me this week, but I'm getting into not being easily offended.

Any new favourite foods?
Hahaha no we eat the same stuff but its all good, always tacos

Had churros for dessert last night-but no chocolate to dip it into. :(
I have only had churros once here :( 

Do you ever have tosdadas? Shane's new favourite!
Ya all the time haha me gustan tambien 

How does the atonement strengthen you to do things in your daily life that you couldn't do on your own? Remember the atonement isn't just about going from bad to good. It's also to help the good be better!
Honestly it's something I have been thinking a lot about, this week specifically I was praying for help to develop humility and you really get experiences to learn about humility if you ask for them, or whatever tribute.

Favourite thing you taught this week?
Teaching a lot more from the Book of Mormon even with the basics like Nephi 3:7, to teach about obedience and faith, I feel my testimony grow a lot when I focus on the Book of Mormon.

Favourite companion moment?
When we had splits in his area and then I got emergency transferred to the same area 4 days after. Great guy. So far we haven't had too many moments but I would say just now with my new bishop and his family teaching us all about deep doctrine for pday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment