His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Wednesday 20 September 2017

When I knew it Was True....

August 28, 2017

HEY I'M HYPED!
We're in a trio now! Elder S from Arizona is gonna be with us. He's a real good guy who's really good at swimming (swam with Micheal Phelps and once beat him so he's probs gonna go to the Olympics when he gets home). I have wanted to be his companion for a long time so couldn't be happier. He was just in Amalucan with Elder A too which is kinda cool. 
Yesterday we received 6 new missionaries (all great), and said goodbye to 10 (we keep losing more). Also another secretary (Elder A) got here so well be 6 in the offices now. 
Sounds like you are all doing great and enjoying the vacations. Keep me posted. Would love to go see Spain some time. 

Wrote lots in my answers to the questions, so I already talked about everything else I wanted to say haha. 
Love you all, I'm excited right now!!
Elder Lethaby





Questions Answered:

Can you pinpoint when you knew the church was true? 
I think the first time I felt the spirit like really strong was the first time I went to the temple when I was 12 and I was waiting to do baptisms sitting with Scotty K, and his grandma had just passed away and he was pretty sad but I just remember I felt the spirit really strong when we talked about eternal families. That night I read the book of Mormon by myself when I got home for the first time even though it was like 1:00am just because I wanted to. Also lots of EFY/Youth conferences helped me along the way. THE ACTIVITIES FOR THE YM/YW ARE IMPORTANT! NEVER MISS THEM!


What doctrine are you studying right now?
We have been studying as a mission in the BoM about the promises that father Lehi made with his children and posterity. We have found some pretty cool examples, and then we highlight in another colour what we can do to make sure those promises are fulfilled. 2 Nefi 29 has some trts. 
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/29.3


How do you study? Compare scriptures, and read talks on a specific topic? Discuss?
Also as a mission we are studying 44 principles. Basically what that is, is a binder president gave us where there are several sheets (44) and a bunch of questions and ways of applying every principle. The 44 principles are the principles that come in the lessons in chapter 3 of PMG (Preach My Gospel). So we basically just make mini lesson plans of every little topic so that when we are called upon we can be ready to explain it is a powerful, clear way and use scriptures, experiences and examples to back it up. 

How was the fancy dinner with the president? Try anything new?
We went to Pampas, a Brazilian buffet. It was very good. They have people that come around with different kinds of meat and you can just tell them yes or no. I said yes a little too much :) One thing I tried was like roasted pineapple with cinnamon. V good. Not much new other than that. 

What have you learned about a companionship that you want to take with you into a marriage?
I have learned to accept that my ideas aren't always better than my companions ideas. Even though sometimes he still doesn't convince me that his ideas are better, I just give in and sometimes he proves me wrong and I like it because I let myself learn more. 

See any new sights this week?
Mmm that one not really. Just that we moved around the furniture and cleaned the house a lot to make way for our new companion so the house is a new sight haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment