His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Friday 26 January 2018

Smells like something died...

Hi mom (sorry i didn't write last week kinda),
I am officially in the phase of the mission where they start making fun of me every time they hear how long I've been out. They say things like, "Smells like something died." when I walk in and stuff so I guess I like it.
They asked me to speak in church this week, and not just 5 minutes before! I think that means they like me here. 
Our area is on fire! We had 4 people come to church this week and all 4 should get baptised in the next 3 weeks. We have found some new investigators with a lot of potential too. The guy I'm most hyped on is R. He's like 55 years young and he lives in a little shop that he owns because he doesn't really have a house and he doesn't have money. We always teach him in the church because he doesn't want us to see where he lives and he doesn't have a phone. But EVERY time he is there 10 minutes early before the appointments and church these last 2 weeks. He always reads the BoM and is super humble and willing. The ward is helping him out a bit with the money sitch, and I feel like that kind of person is who it's intended for. 
There is another 17 year old girl that we are teaching and her BF is a member but her parents don't want her to be baptised. When we arrived, they didn't leave us much info about her, so we just had to go knock her door which was hard to find, her angry dad opened up, and then we heard later on that she got grounded because her dad thought she invited us over. OOPS! She came to church though this week (not sure if her parents knew) and she said the sitch is a bit more calm now and she will turn 18 this month and wants to be baptised ASAP when she turns 18!
MILAGROZ! 
My compa is super funny and kinda lost still hahah but he's getting a lot better honestly. He's just like super innocent.
I am getting better at letting him speak more in lessons so that he can learn, even though it doesn't always go too good. 
We are going to move out of our (haunted) house this week because the dueña (landlord I think) wants us to be cleaning 3 houses and gardening every week, and President Nelson (mission prez not the prophet) didn't like that. 

Anyway, sounds like all is well back home. Loving the mish and trying to expand my vision every day!

Love
Elder Lethaby

P.S. This week I got like 10 letters from like October and stuff, a few from May hahha so thanks to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment