His life packed in 2 suitcases!

His life packed in 2 suitcases!

Monday 13 March 2017

Didn't believe in bed bugs! See pics...ewwww!

This week we ate a lot of tacos, like 3 kilos. I have also gained about 10 pounds in the mission. I checked on Saturday for the first time in 6 months. I have bed bugs too which is cool, they´re a lot bigger than I was expecting honestly, but that explains why the bite marks are so big. Super itchy. I didn't really believe in them before.

So mad!


Hey we baptised this week! A is a 9 year old whose family was less active but now they started going again and he is so funny, wish I was there for more of the teaching with him. It is honestly amazing to see how much easier the work is in a ward the supports us this much. Last week a recent rm went and bought our groceries for us because he knew we didn't have time. The members organise FHEs for the investigators to go to, right now a sister is washing our clothes for us and she hemmed my pants for me, SO AWESOME! Loving Totolac. 


A y su fam, bien guapo, also kinda cool cuz the mom looks like a kid but she's awesome. 


Mom.... ¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS! Aun estas super joven. :) Question: do you have mission rules to live now? They´re super important. Once a 70 said that if a missionary baptises and isn't being obedient, it's like taking the Lord´s name in vain, so hope that doesn't happen. 

This week we have been talking a lot about real intent. I think I have realised that up to this point in the mission I have been doing just about everything for numbers and not for actual love. It's so hard and it's part of humility. Yes I felt love for them but at some point I always had the idea of what are others going to think about me if I baptise lots or teach lots, and that's not why we are here. It's a hard balance because if we love them, we will push them a bit because everyone is afraid of change, but if we push them for the wrong reason, it's not ok. I think this applies to everything we do in the church. Do we keep the commandments because we love God? Or because we are scared of what our parents of friends will think if we sin? It´s something I am trying hard to change because I know if I love people the way God loves us, they will feel it and we will baptise more. The mission is not about the number of baptisms but it IS about baptism. Faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end are not separate things, it's all part of one cycle, and to say the mission isn't about baptism, is to say that the mission isn't about calling people to repentance. Idk - cool thought I guess. 
Loving the zone leader life honestly because we get to do lots of intercambios and meetings and stuff where I learn SO much. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have been given to serve in different assignments because I learn way faster that way I think. Honestly loving life right now, my companion is a lot of fun, super repentant but sometimes I feel like I'm with Scott or Caleb with him but mas Honduranian and he doesn't speak English. Sometimes he surprises me with a few words though. 

Overall doing good, Loving life,
Love you all,
Elder Lethaby

The steep hills he was talking about last week...legs are getting stronger...no kidding!

Questions Answered:

Tell us about a tender mercy you witnessed this week:
That the first presidency gave us permision for a baptism thats gonna go down next week, stay tuned. 

Do you want us to try to send shoes, or will you buy some there?
No I can buy some here, ustedes tranquilos :) 

Did you get pictures of the crazy parades last week? Did you get kissed?? Or manage to stay away from that!?
No we tried to stay away, but Im sure we will see more and I will get pics. Didnt get kissed :)

Favourite hymn?
Con Valor Marchemos or Onward Christian Soldiers 

Do you buy bottled water or use a filter at the tap? Or go native?
Bottled

No comments:

Post a Comment